I know I’m late today. And I apologize. Its been a tight week for me and I decided, “let me try something different” we all know how special it feels when you go grocery shopping, open up your pantry and fridge and you smile. Unlimited options. Its like a throwback Thursday photo of a buffet in there! I am thinking of putting up posts “back to back”.
This meal was everything. And more. Of course I had it with Fried Plantains to compliment the spiciness of the rice and some juicy baked chicken drumsticks. Heaven (on earth).
1 Cup of Rice
5 Sausage Links
1 Onion Bulb
A Cup of Cleaned Shrimp
1 Bay Leaf
Two Roots of Spring Onions
1 Tablespoon of Oregano
1 Tablespoon of Thyme
1 Tablespoon of Curry
A Sprig of Fresh Parsley
1 cup Chicken Stock
2-3 Tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Stick of Butter
- Parboil one cup of rice for 10 minutes till its half done and then set aside.
- Cut up your vegetables; Bell peppers, Spring Onions, Onions, Carrots, and also cut your sausages in small bits. Yeah go ahead you can eat some of them.
- In a pan Pour your chicken stock (I got mine from cooking the chicken drumsticks) in add your paprika, cayenne pepper, curry powder,thyme, oregano and bay leaf and half a stick of butter.
- Pour in the parboiled rice and let cook in the stock on low heat.
- Drizzle some oil in a pan along with some black pepper and a pinch of salt and cook the shrimp in it and then repeat this same process with the sausages. Allow them to have a little Burn or blacken on them as this would give it some special smoky flavor.
- In another pan melt the rest of the butter and Saute the vegetables
- Pour every item; shrimp, sausages, vegetables into the rice stair and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle some chopped Spring onions and parsley on it for color and a fresh taste. And you have it ready to be wolfed down.