MEAT PIES!!!!! (Yes I was screaming this in my head). I’ll tell you why.
But first! I have been doing this for a long time and I recently decided to make my food accessible to those around me! Birthdays, office events, small parties, office potlucks, Thanksgiving dinners, private catering? I am your guy!
I started writing this post about two months ago, I didn’t post it because I really wanted to perfect it and make sure the measurements were spot on. I called my mum (shout out Mrs. Smith) and asked her for her meat pie recipe, she wrote it, scanned it and emailed it to me about 3 pages! I wish she was this enthusiastic some years ago when I asked for a second helping of meat from the pot, I wouldn’t have had to stea… nvm.
To today’s recipe. This is a meat filled pastry… (okay Tobi Mr. Obvious). Trust me this recipe is foolproof. I will detail how not to and how to have the perfect Meat Pie.
You will need:
2 Lbs Ground Beef
1 Onion Bulb
Seasonings: Thyme, Curry, Garlic powder, Ginger powder
1 Tbsp Salt
1 seasoning cube
3 Cups of Flour
200g of Butter
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/2 Tspn Salt
2/3 Cup of Ice cold water
Easy right? Lets begin.
- Pray to the Meat Pie gods to grant you favor. Arrange your ingredients and post a photo on your social media so they know you are about to create magic and this will motivate you to do your best.
- In a pot add your ground beef, chopped up onion, 1 Tspn each of thyme, curry, ginger powder garlic powder, bay leaves, salt and your seasoning cube. Cook this for 15 minutes.
- Peel, then chop up your potatoes and carrots as finely as possible and add these to the pot of cooking beef. Let this cook for about 15 more minutes.
- For your dough, mix flour, baking powder and salt and stir this together well with a whisk. Add your very cold hard butter into the flour and mix till it looks rough
- And, you have your beautiful shiny meat pies! Enjoy!